API problems?

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

API problems?

Postby keesbart » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,
Since this morning I have problems with the streaming.
I opened the first Ayr race and the prices in BA are jumping up and down.
The same for the next races.
Does somebody else have the same problems? I have screenshots of this situation.
keesbart

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 pm

The API has been down for several hours for maintenance. See http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5754

It looks like it's coming back online now, but there always seems to be issues after an upgrade, it takes time to settle down.
Last edited by GaryRussell on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Just looking at it now. I would say the API is definitely not working correctly yet. I will monitor the situation and contact Betfair if necessary but in my opinion it's because they are in the process of putting their servers back online.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby keesbart » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Gary,
Can you see if you have the same problems? I know the were down for maintenance, but at this moment they are up and running. I think there is somehing very wrong. I run BA on 2 computers now and both act the same.
keesbart

Postby RJM » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Yes,

It seems "turbocharged" at the moment!
RJM

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm

I've informed Betfair just in case they aren't aware, but I am sure they are.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Just been informed by Betfair that the API is estimated to be fixed by 6pm.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Village » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 pm

One might suggest that if the API isn't working properly, Betfair should turn it off until they've fixed the problem. Predictably, though, it will still be on as long as there's some commission to be made.

How come they can't afford proper testing procedures, but can afford to develop virtual racing, and to hire a load of consultants who keep wanting me to complete surveys?
Village

Postby RJM » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Tread, carefully today.

Betfair have such an arrogant attitude as I have found out in the past as they will not take any responsibilty if you are using a third party "API" product; if the main site is working then everything is all right "sir" as far as we are concerned and, you will have to contact your "API" product provider.

I would use "Betdaq" but, there just doesn't seem to be the same "liquidity" once the market goes "In-Play".
RJM

Return to Help