Help needed to set up betting

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Help needed to set up betting

Postby christine » Sat May 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi, I've just started using this Bot & am struggling big style! I want to set it up to lay named horses 10 secs before the official off, if their odds fall within a certain range. I am also interested in staking to a 5% liability. However I really don't know how to do any of this, could someone advise me where to look or give me some advice, please?

Also, I am running a different system at the same time for which I am provided with daily Excel logs set up for this bot. I just load the Bot daily & the system does the rest. My question in regards to this, is can I have 2 systems running side by side like this or is this not possible? Obviously they work to different rules, so I can't have them on the same Excel spreadsheet.

Sorry if I haven't made much sense, but hopefully someone can give me some help, as I'm really interested in trialling these systems.

Thanks, Christine
christine

Postby christine » Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 pm

I've just stumbled over the multiple profiles info for myself so apologies for asking the question! Please disregard this part (unfortunately I don't seem to be able to edit my posts).
christine

Postby mak » Sat May 08, 2010 6:35 pm

mak

Postby christine » Sat May 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Many thanks, I know how annoying newbie questions can be. This should let me do most of what I want. I just need to work out how to amend the staking to a 5% liability now (if indeed this is possible)?
christine

Postby osknows » Sat May 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello,

This may help http://www.mediafire.com/?ydzg5njmjnt

It's the same file as Mal pointed out but with additional fields on the selections worksheet

Starting Bank - Enter this each time you want to re-baseline
Current Bank - Is your current bank (i.e. your Balance and your exposure)
% Target for day - The stake will reduce to zero if this percentage is met
between your current bank and starting bank
Stop at Loss - your stake will reduce to zero if this percentage is met
between your current bank and starting bank
% Stake - How much of your current banl to stake

All the best
Os
osknows

Postby osknows » Sat May 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Sorry meant Mak (not Mal)

Sorry Mak :oops:
osknows

Postby mak » Sat May 08, 2010 7:52 pm

osknows wrote:Sorry meant Mak (not Mal)

Sorry Mak :oops:

hope you are fine Os :)
mak

Postby osknows » Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 pm

yeah I'm good mak, thanks. A friend just sent me this which is superb....

Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. Next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, I have some bad news. The donkey's dead!'

Paddy replied, 'Well then just give me my money back. The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I've already spent it.

Paddy said, 'OK, then, just bring me the dead donkey. The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him? Paddy said, 'I'm going to raffle him off. The farmer said, 'You can't raffle a dead donkey!

Paddy said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.

A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked 'What happened with that dead donkey?

Paddy said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece and made a profit of £898'

The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain? Paddy said, 'Just the guy who won.

So I gave him his two pounds back.

Paddy now works for the Royal Bank of Scotland!!
osknows

Postby osknows » Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Apologies but just noticed a slight error in the last file.

Use this one instead http://www.mediafire.com/?zyy44l0zilz
osknows

Postby christine » Sat May 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Just a couple of quick questions as I've tried to input horses in 2 different horses to trial it & although it is clearly linking to the bot, no bets are triggering. I can't see anywhere on this version of the spreadsheet to input how many seconds before the off to place the bet? Also, I assume that if no stake is entered in the initial box, but a % stake is completed, the bet will be calculated based on this figure, is this right? Many thanks for your responses.
christine

Postby osknows » Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Your right.. it's not the spreadsheet I thought it was, sorry :oops:

use this one http://www.mediafire.com/?nyjxmnnjnym

On the worksheet 'Market':
cell AK5 sets the seconds before off to place bets
cell AA1 determines if any unmatched bets are kept in play

A bet will only fire if..
1. Your horse is in the list
2. The odds are between min&max odds when the trigger is fired
3. The stake is greater than zero

The stake is determined as a percentage of your current bank entered in L% of 'Selections' worksheet. The stake resets to 0 if the target % is met in I2 or the losses for the day exceed the % stated in K2

Hope that is more useful?
Os
osknows

Postby christine » Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks Os, I appreciate your help & I'm nearly there now (but not quite!). I can link the market & place the bet & understand how to work the staking. The only issue is that as soon as I type in the horse's name, it ignores the fact that I have set the seconds (cell AK5) to 20 & places the bet automatically there & then. I have tried having the Trigger Bet (AJ5) set to Y & N but neither seems to make a difference. Is there something I'm missing here? It's very frustrating as this is the last bit to get the hang of!! Any advice would be great. Thanks!
christine

Postby osknows » Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 am

I haven't done a very good job of explaining things as I was half cut yesterday and haven't looked at this spreadsheet for ages.

Cell AK5 is a calculation cell which counts down the time remaing to the off for the current market.

The cell you need to input into is cell AL5. If you've already overtyped cell AK5 and saved just download the file again

Once AK5 is equal or below AL5 and other cnditions are met the bet will fire

Sorry for the confusion
Os
osknows

Postby osknows » Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 am

just realised this whole thread seems to have problems with the letters K and L :)
osknows

Postby mak » Sun May 09, 2010 11:58 am

osknows wrote:just realised this whole thread seems to have problems with the letters K and L :)
:D :D :D :D
mak

Next

Return to Help