How is the green up stake calculated on the grid interface?

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

How is the green up stake calculated on the grid interface?

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

I see you've posted up how the backs are calculated can you show how you calculate the lay greens.

Seems to me there may be an error in the formula as it always seems to overstake the lay bet leaving me with a much reduced profit on the runner I've greened up.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 27, 2009 8:45 pm

First green up is ok but it seems as if it's just taking into account the green on the horse regardless of other runners unlike the back green up routine.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Wed May 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Could you send me a list of the matched bets that did not produce the expected greenup and I'll tell you how it was calculated.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 27, 2009 11:14 pm

I fire off so many bets it's probably be more confusing for you if I sent a list

On one market I had around +£20 all runners except one that was +£66

Clicked level profit, odds around 4.8, and ended up +£13.75 (greened up runner ) and around +£33.75 the rest

So I'm assuming the routine is only looking at the green on that horse not taking into account any profit that may have built up.

I'd prefer it if the level stakes button tried to even any profits across the market by simply taking the difference between the minimum profit across the market then using that figure to green rather than the whole green. That'd also allow us the even out reds which isn't possible at the moment with the current routine.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Not sure of the actual routine you're using as it does seem to take into account negative figures when greening up if there's a negative balance but not when the field is all green. Dunno if that makes sense to you , if not I'll make a note of it happening tomorrow as I come across it daily
Captain Sensible

Postby negapo » Thu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

Is it possible to be a problem of the odds changing to fast? The green up lay odd and stake can be 20£ at 2.02 but if the best lay odd is 2.00 it will lay 20£ at 2.00 producing a different result.

I think would produced the opposite result (leaving the selection you greened up with a higher value)
negapo

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 28, 2009 8:08 am

Yes odds changing fast can affect the green up.

Captain Sensible: I only need the list of bets to reproduce the P&L so if it happens again could you send me a screenshot showing the P&L figures and details of the green up bet it placed so I can work backwards from there.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 pm

I've no problem sending the bet lists it's just that they'd be about 100 bets - I'll take a screenshot to show what I mean next time I get the chance
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Here's a screenshot I managed to grab

Basically the green up routine is just balancing out any profit on that selection rather than trying to green equally across the market.

I'd prefer the green to be spread by calculating the available amount to green as £18.09 (£28.75 less £10.66) rather than the full £28.75. That way my field would be more evenly balanced.

It does seem your green up routine is looking for the lowest figure when 'greening' if a selection is in a negative balance but not if the field is positive.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean about it balancing when there's a negative balance

This is taking the baseline as the minimum balance of -550 i.e. available amount to offset £600 (550+50)
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 am

Many thanks for the screenshots. I am looking into this at the moment.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 am

I've simulated your position and you are quite right. It should be £28.75 less £10.66. It will do this from the next release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks Gary, as always an excellent service from Gruss Software, any chance you could also implement my other suggestion. Should hopefully just be a tweak rather than any major re-write

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3561
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:02 am

I'll see what I can do. Would displaying the fill or kill time in brackets on the fill or kill tab be acceptable? eg. The tab would read (Fill or Kill 1.0) and be highlighted red to indicate it is set. I want to avoid grouping them together as they are independent functions.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:01 am

That'd be fine , it's mainly a case of knowing what settings I have in the tab at a glance rather than continually clicking tabs. Tick offset and stop loss I can just glance at the top line to see the settings without being in the tab.

I guess the obvious solution would be to include it on the top line also as there's enough space and display it like the tick offset is now i.e Fill and Kill number of seconds and tick or cross to show it's on or not. To be honest I don't mind how it's displayed just as long as it's visible but for neatness of the program the top line would be best.
Captain Sensible

Next

Return to Help