excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

excel

Postby TiGER » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:50 am

every time i try to log prices to excel for triggered betting, nothing happens.

i open excel first, then the program, choose a market, start logging prices,
choose excel file and book, but the excel page just stays white..

i'm using office 2003, it use to work with older versions like 0.96 (don't know about 0.97, but never since 0.98)
TiGER

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Sorry, don't know what's going on there. Sounds like the program is encountering an exception, but silently handling it and just not updating the spreadsheet. I will make it output any exceptions it encounters to a log file in the next release tomorrow. This may show what's happening.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Re: excel

Postby thunderfoot » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:49 am

TiGER wrote:every time i try to log prices to excel for triggered betting, nothing happens.

i'm using office 2003, it use to work with older versions like 0.96 (don't know about 0.97, but never since 0.98)

Yup!!! I've had the same thing. Just closed everything down including computer re-boot and started again. Annoying but it solved the problem!!!
thunderfoot

Re: excel

Postby przeszczepan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:43 pm

TiGER wrote:every time i try to log prices to excel for triggered betting, nothing happens.

Forgive digging this out but I have encountered the same problem (also with Excel 2003). Has it been solved yet (rebooting doesn't do the trick)?

Thank you in advance.
przeszczepan

Postby larsd » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:40 am

I also have this problem. Just started using the program.

I load Betfair Trader, select a market. Then I start Excel.

Then I choose some of the log functionality in the Excel-menu, but nothing happens. I have tried on several occasions.

I'm thinking because there seems to be more users having this problem that it is because of some security setting (or something?) in Excel or Windows, but I can't figure it what it is.

Anyone had this problem and actually solved it (without a simple reboot)...?

Appreciate any help.
larsd

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:52 pm

lars - what version of excel are you using?

Can you post up the error log that Gary refers to above?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby BlueBoy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:27 pm

I dont claim to be an expert in this area but I suggest you check the following:-

1. Are you using macros or VBA?

2. Have you enabled macros in excel?

3. Are you sure events are enabled? Create a macro to enable events and run it to see if it solves the problem

Sub EnableChange()

MsgBox ("Application events being enabled")
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Hope this helps
BlueBoy

Postby larsd » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:20 pm

Hi George and Blueboy, thank you very much for your responses.

I tried finding a logfile in the Betfair Trader folder, but there was none. Am I looking in the wrong place, or does it simply mean there's nothing to log?

My version of Excel is 2003 (11.5612.5606).

I am Norwegian and so is my Betfair language, can that affect things?

I have macros enabled. I am not sure events is enabled, but I tried running your macro - nothing still happened when I tried to log prices after running the macro.

As for your #1, Blueboy - I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm not doing anything in Excel when trying - I simply choose the "Log current prices" in the program, with Excel open.
larsd

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:32 pm

There should be a text file in the betfair trader fodler
c:\Program Files\Betfair Trader

you may also want to try updating from disk - not sure about this but someone says they fixed it.
(last post)
http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =error+log
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby larsd » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:41 am

Actually there was no logfile in the folder, but I'll look again tonight..
larsd

Postby larsd » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:04 pm

There is no logfile in the folder, I'm absolutely sure.

Also, I tested doing it on my work computer, which is only two weeks old and contains fresh installs of Excel etc. The same thing happened - i.e. nothing!

It really is a shame since the program seems to be able to do anything I would want. Help please :oops:

Edit: Finally found a logfile after fooling around with the program and Excel on my computer. Did try lots of things (and stumbled across a bug where I couldn't select a worksheet in the Log windows), so this errorlog might show the wrong error, but anyway:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.StatusBarPanelCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Betfair_Trading.betfairTabPage.pricesUpdated()
larsd

Postby BlueBoy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:33 pm

I would explore the language compatability.

Check the currency in windows, excel, and betfair for inconsistencies

Bit of a wild guess I afraid.

Best of Luck
BlueBoy

Postby larsd » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:41 pm

That could be it - my Windows is the English version, but the regional settings is Norwegian. My Betfair account is also Norwegian, but that shouldn't matter - surely you can log prices without logging into Betfair, and I always get the English menu in Betfair Traders Betfair-market selector when I don't log in.

If there's a currency problem vs Windows I hope Gary looks into it when time :)

Thanks for any help!
larsd

Return to Help