training in trading

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

training in trading

Postby 100%beef » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi All

I've been playing around with betfair for a while and with gruss's great software.

My best sucesses has been trading on football for the under/over 2.5 or on the FTSE 100 cash backing when the odds are fairly low say 1.08 and then trading out when they are 1.04ish, slowish moving markets easy to take a loss if a goal is scored or the FTSE does a turn around.

However trading on the horses seems to be a black art, I lay it and the donkey shortens or I back it and the thing drifts!

So not looking for people to give away any trade secrets, but any pointers on books, websites, top tips etc to spot the drifters and streamers before I dump my bank on them!!!

Cheers

Great program guss BTW!
Work facinates me I can stare at it for hours.
100%beef

Postby mtaalamu » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Have you seen my free betfair horse trading course, utilizing betfair trader?

Cheers
Taalamu
mtaalamu

Postby thunderfoot » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:35 pm

mtaalamu wrote:Have you seen my free betfair horse trading course, utilizing betfair trader?

Cheers
Taalamu

No. Where do we find that?
thunderfoot

Re: training in trading

Postby filo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:43 pm

100%beef wrote:Hi All

I've been playing around with betfair for a while and with gruss's great software.

My best sucesses has been trading on football for the under/over 2.5 or on the FTSE 100 cash backing when the odds are fairly low say 1.08 and then trading out when they are 1.04ish, slowish moving markets easy to take a loss if a goal is scored or the FTSE does a turn around.

However trading on the horses seems to be a black art, I lay it and the donkey shortens or I back it and the thing drifts!

So not looking for people to give away any trade secrets, but any pointers on books, websites, top tips etc to spot the drifters and streamers before I dump my bank on them!!!

Cheers

Great program guss BTW!

For arb trading, concentrate your attentions to Novice/Maiden hurdles and chases over the jumps and Maiden stakes and graded races on the flat. In general punters think these races are easy to sort out and horses are usually well backed. This coupled with the fact the favourites win more often (he said guardedly) make for optimum arb trading opportunities.
filo

Postby mtaalamu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm

thunderfoot wrote:
mtaalamu wrote:Have you seen my free betfair horse trading course, utilizing betfair trader?

Cheers
Taalamu

No. Where do we find that?

http://www.exchangetrading.co.uk/t-video.htm

Enjoy!
Taalamu
PS
IF you don't have it all ready, you'll need to download the free Techsmith Screen Capture Codec (aka TSCC) at: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
:D
mtaalamu

Postby 100%beef » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:03 am

cheers filo and mataalamu! Will look at the video and focus on those races :D
Work facinates me I can stare at it for hours.
100%beef

Postby tkp » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi Taalamu

Thanks for the training manual and the video - This is just exactly what I needed to show someone....perfect timing !

Well put together and useful for any beginner.

tkp
tkp

Return to Help