Help needed to set up betting

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby christine » Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm on the verge of throwing this laptop through the window, so please help me!!! I've messed about with this on and off all day & still cannot get the Excel spreadsheet to link with the Bot properly & place a bet. I can link the two together & also get the market to open 1 minute from the off, but it will not fire the bet. Everything is in place, the horses names are spot on, the odds are in range, the stake is fine etc, but still it ignores the bet altogether. Why is this happening? I'm not sure whether or not to set the Trigger Bet to Y or N in AJ5, so have tried leaving it & changing it -still no bet! I've tried changing the number of seconds in AL5 between 20 & 60 seconds - still no bet! Please help! :?
christine

Postby 2020vision » Sun May 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello Christine :)

keep your cool, we need more info please?
e.g. which market, which spreadsheet, can you supply bet criteria, etc?

Hoping to help, if not there are others more capable than myself.

Patience - Michael :)
2020vision

Postby osknows » Sun May 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi Christine,

It's probably something simple that has been missed. Also, you shouldn't ever need to change cell AJ5 as it's a calculated cell. Make sure the calc is not overwritten

Also, when linking to excel in BA have you checked the tickbox 'Enable triggered betting'?

Failing that it could be...
Stake must be greater than 0 in column B on 'Selections' worksheet
Odds must be within range set on 'Selections' worksheet
Horse name must be exactly the same as on Betfair
Balance must be greater than 0 :)
Time before off must be equal or less than time set in AL5 'Trigger time (seconds before start)'

Let me know if any of this improves things
Os
osknows

Postby 2020vision » Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm

christine wrote:Many thanks, I know how annoying newbie questions can be.

We were all newbies at one time, just stick with it and you may surprise yourself!

Ttfn - Michael :wink:
2020vision

Postby xraymitch » Sun May 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Hang on in there Christine - I am sure Osknows will get you there :)
xraymitch

Postby christine » Mon May 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Thankyou guys for all your help & encouragement. I'm pleased to report that the bets are now firing (not all successfully unfortunately, but that's a different story altogether!). I have 2 more questions to test your knowledge though... Firstly, how do I add more rows to the spreadsheet so I can input more horses, as at the moment there are only 2 rows & I don't know how to increase them without losing the code to work out the staking etc?? Secondly, and this would be a bonus rather than a necessity really, is there any way I can change the stake % to liability %, as I'd rather bet a % of my bank based on the odds, rather than potentially lose more if the lay odds are higher. Thanks again.
christine

Postby osknows » Mon May 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Glad to see things have improved

You can input more horses by just copying and pasting columns A-E down as far as row 50. If you need any more then the formulae on the front page will need to be updated with a larger range

To have % liability you will need to amend the formulas. There are many ways to do this....here is an example http://www.mediafire.com/?dntjmwdntin

Please check the formula is correct and gives you values you expect for correct stake/liability in the Stake column - column B. I have only briefly checked. The stake will only show when the current market selects as it's based on the current lay odds in column H of the 'Market' tab.

Regards,
Os
osknows

Postby christine » Mon May 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Os, you are an absolute star! Thanks so much for all your help, you've definitely saved my lappy from a trip through the window! That spreadsheet is precisely what I was looking for. Many thanks again. :D
christine

Previous

Return to Help