human element

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GeorgeUK » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:27 pm

Robin - the only reason why what you have done isn't working may be you are not logged in.
As thunderfoot said - the bet ref should come up as an error. Does this happen?

Try loggin in (Login on the BA menu)
put in your stake amount (as this is a test i would use 0.05)
when the odds of one of the selection is 1.5 or less, a bet will be placed.
Because this will enter a bet ref, no other bets will be placed on this selection until you delete the bet ref.

(so you will not bet @ 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.25, 1.2, 1.15... etc) There will be only one bet per selection of 5p.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Other things that would stop a bet being placed....

Not having triggered betting enabled.
Not filling the odds and stake columns in (O & P).
Not having auto calculation enabled in Excel? (Not sure on that, but possible)
Mitch

trigger 2 try

Postby robin09 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:22 pm

will try these suggestions maybe i do have 2 enable it in excel and im sure i was logged in george- thanks mitch also. excel lessons needed :roll:
robin09

Postby Mitch » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:22 am

If it still doesn't work, feel free to mail me your spreadsheet and I will have a look at it for you.

PM me for my e-mail addy if you want to.
Mitch

Postby Kevsy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:06 pm

I'm having the same problem. I am logged into BA, have Triggered betting enabled when the price is favourable in Excel It says Back, but no bet is placed and i receive no errors. I also have Autocalcultion switched on In Excel. I am using Microsoft Office 97. I am typing =IF(F5<=8.2,"Back","").
Kevsy

Postby Uncle Ernie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:23 pm

Kevsy - all triggers must be in uppercase BACK LAY etc won't work with Back
Uncle Ernie

Postby Kevsy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:08 pm

Great Thanks, its works!!! Do you know how to get it to trigger a bet based on time? In other words I want to BACK/LAY at this price (8.2) at this time (12.20)?
Kevsy

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:12 pm

Lots you can do with the time functions on excel but they can be tricky to use and pointless especially if they're one offs. Whats the reason for kicking off a bet at 12:20 ? If it's because it's 10 minutes before the off or the off time there are lots of better ways to put in the formulas as garys prog logs the time bfore the off in cell D2 by default

Because the program can do auto select of markets there's no point limiting it to just kick off one bet at 12:20. You can easily set it to kick off bets on the days racing for a list of named runners and odds you wish to place at any time in relation to the stated off time or when the race goes in running.
Captain Sensible

Postby Mitch » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:27 pm

You would need to include an AND statement in your IF statement like this...

=IF(AND(TEXT(NOW(),"hh:mm:ss")>"12:20:00",F5<=8.2),"BACK","")

There might be a neater way to do the time bit, but this is the way I know.
Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:29 pm

Much better answer capt, wish I'd thought of that! :)
Mitch

Postby Kevsy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:24 pm

Thank you both for your replies. Captain S I would like to be able to instruct the programme to back or lay just before the off from a list I provide. So I would say, lay X at 8.2 in the 12.20 one minute before the off. Basically I just want the programme to bet for me when I am too busy to get to my PC. I would be very grateful if you could show me how to do this.
Kevsy

Postby Mitch » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Kevsy, unless you figure it out in the meantime I am working on something to do exactly that. It works by selecting races in the quick pick list, then you set it to switch races at 1 minute before the off and the bets will fire in as soon as it switches.

What I'm doing is probably more complicated than it needs to be, but I'm doing it more to learn how to than for something that will be useful to me.

You're welcome to it when I'm done if you want it.
Mitch

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:22 pm

Kevsy I assume you're OK with excel here's some formulas that should work OK. Just mess around with them as needed

BAsed on a simple spreadsheet - Sheet1 used to trigger etc sheet2 to contain a list of your horse, odds and stake

Sheet2 to contain

Horse name in column A odds in column B stake column C

Sheet1 as follows

In the odds column O you need to copy and paste the following into O5 to say O50 to cover all runners

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A5,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A5,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,2,FALSE) )

in stake column P copy the follwoing from P5 to P50

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A5,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,3,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A5,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,3,FALSE) )

Basically it just check the name of the horse against your list of bets and if it finds a match it'll stick the odds in the column O for you and stake in column P.

for the trigger column just copy and paste the following from N5 to N50

=IF(AND(MINUTE($D$2)<1,O5>0),"BACK","")

Any problems just give us a shout.

You have to make sure the names match exactly with the way betfair have entered them for it to kick off.

Just have your bettrader set to auto select markets and ensure the clock on your PC is set correctly

Easy enough to add another column to sheet 2 if you're backing and laying and amend =IF(AND(MINUTE($D$2)<1,O5>0),"BACK","") so it picks the LAY or BACK form the column using VLOOKUP same as for the odds etc
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Forgot to mention you'll need a macro in the worksheet to clear the cell references when it switches between markets on auto select. I just use the code below that someone else posted a while back

Just open up the visual basic editor and paste below into sheet1

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Static MyMarket As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
If [A1].Value = MyMarket Then
GoTo Xit
Else
MyMarket = [A1].Value
Range("Q5:U80").Value = ""
End If
Xit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub
Captain Sensible

Postby Kevsy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:12 pm

Captain sensible thank you very much. This works perfectly and will be very helpful to me.
Kevsy

PreviousNext

Return to Help